So you have found countless potentials that you are interested in but the thought
of contacting them sends you into a frenzied panic, fear not we are here to save
the day. Our simple guide will make the whole process feel like child’s play. Come
on we can’t make it any simpler!
- Keep it short
- Look at their profile and mention any common interests that you share - e.g. a shared passion of Italian Food or your mutual love of animals
- Keep the message light hearted and use positive language throughout
- Add a couple of questions, nothing too probing but simple. This will make it easier for the respondent to reply to you as it will give them something to start the conversation with
The Do Not's
- Don't sound desperate; trust us it's not attractive
- If you have come out of a recent break up best not to mention, some-one on the re-bound is not an appealing trait
- Check your message for spelling mistakes or poor grammar before you send. There is nothing worse than receiving an email that could have been written by a 10 year old!
- Do not use text language e.g. "U R lovely" this is just being lazy
Did Not Receive A Reply
Don’t worry it happens, don’t get down hearted. We know that it’s not out of the ordinary for individuals not to receive a response. If you think about it, when you are out and about, not everyone you meet will be automatically interested in you and vice versa. The key to success is to stay positive, confident, put that smile back on your face and remember keep on trying and before you know it, you’ll have emails galore!
Received An Email
Good on you! But do you like them? Yes, then what are you waiting for email them back!
Now for those of you who want to pass please follow our no 1 rule - email back, be courteous, polite and thank them for taking time to email you. A little kindness goes a long way!